Oncotype DX Roll Call

Newly diagnosed and now you must choose a surgeon, oncologist, and or a plastic surgeon.
Emerald
Site Admin
Diagnosed on: 02/01/2008
Diagnosed With: IDC
Secondary Diagnosis: DCIS
Mets: None
Cancer Stage: Stage I
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Size: 1.3cm
Tumor Grade: Grade 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2/Neu++

Oncotype DX Roll Call

Postby Emerald » 19pm28America/New_York()

Welcome to the "Oncotype DX Roll Call"! I went looking for some help with my oncotype score and discovered that I wasn't the only one wanting advice or info regarding this "tool" that so many of our onco's use to help us make treatment decisions. And I believe that it will help "newbies" see they are not alone even with this.

During this quest I was amazed at all the different scores and determining factors for each of them so I began compiling a list. The following "sisters" were kind enough to share their recurrence % rates and the coinciding oncotype scores. If you would like to be included in the "roll call" please post or PM me your recurr % (before treatment) and what your oncotype score was. Even if your score is already listed, I can still add your name if you would like. And for the "newbies" please remember that so many things affect these scores. Tumor grade, size, and characteristics, node involvement, HER2/Neu, our age, etc.

It would be really cool if we were able to compile this list all the way from 1 (if applicable) to 51 (cuz I hope 51 is the highest we ever have to see!)

I would like to include what tx you chose so I can add it to your name. For an example see mine w/ 25 score and arsura w/ 9 score. Thanks!!! *Codes: BLM = Bi-lateral mast; LM = Lft mast; RM = Rt mast; R = recon; LMP = lumpectomy; SNB = Sentinel node biop; HSTY= Hysterectomy; RAD = Radiation; A/C = Adriamycin/cytoxan; CPN = Carboplatin; T = taxol; TT = Taxotere; T/C= Taxotere/cytoxan; DD = Dose dense; HRPN = Herceptin;TMXF = Tamoxifen; AMDX = Arimidex; A/I = Aromatase (?sp?); Inhibitor; FX = Faslodex; FM = Femara; LPN = Lupron;....

25% = 36 score (moodyk13 - LMP, SNB, BLM w/ R, A/C x 4 DD, HRPN x 18)
? = 19 score (helpfulone - LMP, HSTY, RAD, AMDX)
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
helpfulone
Cancer Stage: Stage 1
Node Status: 0/2
Tumor Size: 9mm
Tumor Grade: 2 lump, 3 biopsy
Receptor Status: ER+++/PR+++/Her2-neu -
My Bio: First mammogram at age 44 - called back for diagnostic mammo - after that mammogram they took me to a room for an ultrasound - tech had radiologist come into the room. He told me that they found something suspicious (duh) and that they typcially recommended to wait and watch for 6 months - I insisted on a biospy. Had the biopsy which the surgeon did in his office - first tried a needle biopsy as everyone thought it was a cyst - but no fluid - so switched to core biopsy - during the procedure the surgeon said he was 90% sure that it was a fibroadenoma. Surprise ... they couldn't tell from looking at it!! It was stage 1 IDC.

I had a lumpectomy, hysterectomy (with removal of ovaries), full breast rads, declined chemo (oncotype DX score 19), and am taking Arimidex. I've also got lymphedema of my breast/arm and hand.

In April of this year it will be my 4 year cancer-versary!!!

Re: Oncotype DX Roll Call

Postby helpfulone » 05pm31America/New_York()

Stage 1 IDC - lumpectomy, sentinal node biopsy (2 negative nodes), grade 2/3, ER+++, PR+++, Her2-neu negative. Oncotype score 19 (I don't know if my paperwork has the risk recurrance - I'll have to look that up and update my post if it does).

I declined chemo with my oncologists blessings.

Treatment: Lumpectomy, Hysterectomy (with ovary removal - other stuff going on), rads, Arimidex.

I'll be celebrating my 4 year Cancer-versary next month!!!
Doreen
Emerald
Site Admin
Diagnosed on: 02/01/2008
Secondary Diagnosis: DCIS
Cancer Stage: Stage I
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Size: 1.3cm
Tumor Grade: Grade 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2/Neu++

Postby Emerald » 05pm31America/New_York()

Hi helpfulone, I added you, thanks for joining in.
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
helpfulone
Cancer Stage: Stage 1
Node Status: 0/2
Tumor Size: 9mm
Tumor Grade: 2 lump, 3 biopsy
Receptor Status: ER+++/PR+++/Her2-neu -
My Bio: First mammogram at age 44 - called back for diagnostic mammo - after that mammogram they took me to a room for an ultrasound - tech had radiologist come into the room. He told me that they found something suspicious (duh) and that they typcially recommended to wait and watch for 6 months - I insisted on a biospy. Had the biopsy which the surgeon did in his office - first tried a needle biopsy as everyone thought it was a cyst - but no fluid - so switched to core biopsy - during the procedure the surgeon said he was 90% sure that it was a fibroadenoma. Surprise ... they couldn't tell from looking at it!! It was stage 1 IDC.

I had a lumpectomy, hysterectomy (with removal of ovaries), full breast rads, declined chemo (oncotype DX score 19), and am taking Arimidex. I've also got lymphedema of my breast/arm and hand.

In April of this year it will be my 4 year cancer-versary!!!

Postby helpfulone » 07pm31America/New_York()

I finally pulled out my oncotype paperwork - my score of 19 has a 12% risk of recurrence.
Doreen
Peanuts

Postby Peanuts » 07pm31America/New_York()

Hi helpfulone!

Happy Cancer-versary! The more years that go by in the rearview, the better.

I will be coming up on my diagnosis 6 years ago - in May. Stage 1, IDC, ER+/PR-, Her2nu negative. I did lumpectomy, chemo and radiation because my onc said I was "young" for BC at the time. After tx's, I struggled with Tamoxifen, dropped it. And because tx's put me into menopause, my new onc insists I go on anti estrogen drug, even now. So Arimidex was awful for me...dropped it. I'm on Femara now. Although it started out OK, I'm having problems with side effects. Aromasin would be next. Ugh!

I congratulate you (please forgive me, weird way to say it) for getting hysterectomy with ovaries removed. What I mean to say is, with bc history, it is one of the best ways to ensure no estrogen. My onc said if I do that, he won't badger me about the drugs.

I witnessed my sister having a horrible time with hysterectomy/ovary removal years ago. I don't want to say how bad it was, but it frightened me to the point that I'm afraid of it. In all fairness, she wasn't even 40 yet.

I wish you all the best, health & happiness, helpfulone! :-)
Adopt from shelters, adopt strays!

Return to “Consultations...What Should I Know?”