The gift that keeps giving!

Cancer has spread beyond the breast and/or has recurred
Chemosabi

Re: The gift that keeps giving!

Postby Chemosabi » 14pm31America/New_York()

Last edited by Chemosabi on 18am31America/New_York(), edited 1 time in total.
RightyHeidi
Forum Moderator
Diagnosed on: July-2005
Diagnosed With: ILC
Secondary Diagnosis: LCIS
Mets: None
Cancer Stage: 2b
Node Status: 1/11
Tumor Size: 4cm
Tumor Grade: 2
Receptor Status: ER/PR + Neu -

Postby RightyHeidi » 14pm31America/New_York()

Hi Nicki - Sorry about all you're going through... hang in there... I know it sucks, but hopefully it won't be as bad as it seems right now. Lots of girls and our dear dude, are cheering you on.

camsdh - WTF - that is just awful... can you fight those sob's? Darn... that infuriates me!
"We say keep your change, we'll keep our God, our guns, our constitution." Sarah Palin

"It isn’t so much that liberals are ignorant. It’s just that they know so many things that aren’t so." Ronald Reagan
camsdh
Forum Moderator

Postby camsdh » 14pm31America/New_York()

Laura,

Cam is back in, so the move is on. I had to agree to be responsible for the cost not covered by the trial, I had to also agree to try to get her in a high risk insurance pool in TX. Don't think she will qualify, know I can't aford to pay for it, but I am a whole lot better at dealing with a$$holes than anything else As one, I am able to push all their buttons, so I will get things straighten out.
GingerSnap
Forum Moderator
Diagnosed With: IDC
Cancer Stage: I
Node Status: 0/2
Tumor Size: 1.7
Tumor Grade: 2-3
Receptor Status: er/pr/her2+++

Postby GingerSnap » 14pm31America/New_York()

She is lucky to have you .......... you show appreciation for the Gem that you have been given.
PRASS MEDUSA PRASS MEDUSA
Mimi2
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: Unknown
Node Status: Unknown
Tumor Size: Unknown
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: Unknown

Postby Mimi2 » 14pm31America/New_York()

Glad to hear the good news, camsdh! You need to put your boxing gloves on too!
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 14pm31America/New_York()

Nicki, I did not lose my hair while on Xeloda. I have no idea about Tykerb (is that the correct sp?) Don't laugh at me...but I kept my wig. Just in cases. :oops:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
bb67
Diagnosed on: 02/12/2006
Secondary Diagnosis: DCIS
Mets: extensive bone mets at original dx
Cancer Stage: IV
Node Status: 24/27+
Tumor Size: 5-6 cm
Receptor Status: ER+/PR-/HER2-

Postby bb67 » 14pm31America/New_York()

Nicki,
I also did XELODA for a while. I was given a patient pack from ROCHE that included a bottle of B6 and a little sample of UDDERLY SMOOTH cream. The B6 is to help with the hand/foot syndrome. I never did have much of a problem with that. DH did put cream on my feet every night and that probably helped. I did have nausea with it. It's important to eat a little something around the same time you are taking the tablets. I found that those orange sherbet "push ups" were the perfect thing for me. I didn't loose a single hair on XELODA. I don't recall reading posts from anyone that had a problem with hair loss on XELODA. I also had to up my water intake. My mouth, skin, nasal passages, etc. were very dry. Be absolutely sure to report any side effects to your onc. Often, they start you on the highest allowable dose and will reduce it if side effects become a problem. I think the hardest thing for me with the XELODA was taking so many pills at once. Also, be sure to check with your insurance company to see if you'll need to use a specialty pharmacy. I had a screw up with my insurance and my cycle got all messed up while trying to get things straightened out with the pharmacy. ROCHE has a patient assistance program that can help with copays.

I don't have any experience with TYKERB.

(((HUGS)))
Diane
Emerald
Site Admin
Diagnosed on: 02/01/2008
Cancer Stage: Stage I
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Size: 1.3cm
Tumor Grade: Grade 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2/Neu++

Postby Emerald » 14pm31America/New_York()

tykerb and herceptin are sister drugs I believe b/c everything i read about herceptin has (tykerb) in parenthesis.

check the her2/neu thread - or itmight be chemo thread for s/e' s that some of us have.
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
chemosabi

Postby chemosabi » 09am31America/New_York()

Hi to everyone. It's been such along time since I have been here. I have been pretty busy since my initial mets diagnosis. Still on Xeloda and Tykerb and although it appears to be working, is not working fast enough for me.

I'm on Holiday but didn't really go anywhere, just decided to stay home and take advantage of the time off. Working full time with the chemo has been difficult and usually when I come home I just collapse into my bed and sleep for hours.

I see many names of people I miss talking to and just wanted to pop in and say hello. Wishing you all well and hope you have a wonderful day.

Nicki
RightyHeidi
Forum Moderator
Diagnosed on: July-2005
Diagnosed With: ILC
Secondary Diagnosis: LCIS
Cancer Stage: 2b
Node Status: 1/11
Receptor Status: ER/PR + Neu -

Postby RightyHeidi » 09pm31America/New_York()

I have been wondering about you! Glad you're doing okay. I can imagine how tired you must be at the end of the day! Hang in there...
"We say keep your change, we'll keep our God, our guns, our constitution." Sarah Palin

"It isn’t so much that liberals are ignorant. It’s just that they know so many things that aren’t so." Ronald Reagan
GingerSnap
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: I
Node Status: 0/2
Tumor Size: 1.7
Tumor Grade: 2-3
Receptor Status: er/pr/her2+++

Postby GingerSnap » 10pm31America/New_York()

Glad u checked in!!!
PRASS MEDUSA PRASS MEDUSA
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 11pm31America/New_York()

Hey, Nicki! Darn, it's great to see you.

I can only imagine how very tired you are after working all day. I'm glad the chemo is working. Do you know how long you'll be on the Xeloda? Is the Tykerb for one year?

Hang in their, gal.
Shirley
Emerald
Site Admin
Diagnosed on: 02/01/2008
Cancer Stage: Stage I
Node Status: 0/3
Tumor Size: 1.3cm
Tumor Grade: Grade 2
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2/Neu++

Postby Emerald » 15am31America/New_York()

I came looking for you and if you had'nt posted in a while, was going to start hounding you! LOL--Glad to hear from you.

I am glad your tx's are working, and I am so sorry they are going slowly. But I pray that "slow" mean "thorough!" Don't want them to miss not one little nasty cell now do we!

You are an inspiration to others to keep on working, keep on living, don't let cancer take that from you too!

You go girl! :kiss: :cheers:
"I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just thankful to have a glass!"
Peanuts

Postby Peanuts » 22pm28America/New_York()

Thought I'd post this here. A straight-from-the-heart, well-written Op-Ed by an LA Times reporter who just lost her life to breast cancer. Laurie Becklund.

Her initial diagnosis and words from her doctor was a lot like mine. Stage 1, treat it and it will never return….have a great life. Her cancer came back 13 years later.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la ... tml#page=1
Adopt from shelters, adopt strays!
Pat
Cancer Stage: IIA
Node Status: 0/?
Tumor Grade: 3
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2+

Postby Pat » 22pm28America/New_York()

The only guarantee cancer gives is that there are no guarantees.

We each make the best choices for ourselves based on the information available to us at any given time,
and hope that we don't read a short time later that the information we based our choices on has changed.

May Laurie and all the too many others who have succumbed to this disease rest in peace.
Mimi2
Forum Moderator

Postby Mimi2 » 22pm28America/New_York()

Thanks for posting the article, Peanuts.

In March '04 my mammo and breast exam by the gun was good. On Dec. '04 I felt a large lump. So, the little bugger must have been there for a few months. My breast are or were dense.

I have recently pulled my head out of the sand. I think about living with this killer disease every day.

I'm not angry YET. I am more scared/anxious than I used to be. And I'm not brave.

The article was honest. And that's good. And another thing she pointed out was how little of one's contribution goes to Koman' s research. Be careful to whom you give donations

Return to “Metastatic or Recurrence”