Diagnosed With: IDC
Cancer Stage: IIA
Node Status: 0/?
Tumor Size: 4cm
Tumor Grade: 3
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2+

Re: A LITTLE TOO LATE!

Postby Pat » 04pm30America/New_York()

Joan, it wouldn't have mattered if your tumor had been considered her2+ 5 years ago since Herceptin was only approved for adjuvant use in 2006, and at stage 1, with a borderline positive pathology, you likely would not have been recruited for a clinical trial. You just would have had a higher anxiety level for the past 5 years.

You dodged a bullet, and avoided chemo, and have had more than 5 (healthy?) years. That is something to celebrate, not to be concerned about.

I only worried about the cancer coming back for a few months before my healthy brother-in-law dropped dead from a brain anyurism. His 78 year old mother was devastated, as we all were. That drove home the message that when it is our time, it's our time, no matter what, but not a minute sooner. So now I try to concentrate on living the time I've got and trying not to worry too much about the "what if's" that I really can't do anything about anyway.
Rosemary44
Forum Moderator

Postby Rosemary44 » 05am30America/New_York()

Joan,

Try to take a really good breath and relax. Don't worry yourself. All is well with you. I didn't have chemo and it has been 5 years, and to be honest I don't even know any thing about that test and score you are talking about. When my Drs. said no chemo was necessary I was beyond happy and have stayed that way. I worried more about chemo then I did about having BC in the first place. I really believed I wouldn't have survived it.

You must take this out of your mind, and believe you are healed. It doesn't hurt to eat healthy and know by doing that you can get even healthier... and it's never too late to start changing your diet if you haven't done so already. Don't look back, look forward.
Rosemary44
Forum Moderator

Postby Rosemary44 » 06am30America/New_York()

Joan,

Your Ok, we found you no matter where you want to post a question, under any topic. I know exactly what your saying about being good at giving but not taking your own advice.

You really must get this out of your head. Be gone with it. You were caught early, as I was, 5 years is over and all is well. Even with chemo there is no guarantee of anything. So dwell on the things your doing to remain healthy. Every time I eat walnuts, I think of them as anti-cancer food and on and on throughout the day as I eat different things to keep myself healthy. All the vitamins I take are anti-cancer nuggets for my good health. I've given up eating things too. Or better said, I'll eat something I know is on the bad list, but very infrequently. As you get good with it, you'll eventually begin to crave broccoli. Then you know you've changed for the better.

The bottom of the list is the newest post. Just hit the page number, scroll down to the last post.
Rosemary44
Forum Moderator

Postby Rosemary44 » 08am30America/New_York()

Joan,

Actually, broccoli has much more nutrients when eaten raw, 30% more which is a lot to lose by cooking. It makes me feel better because I hate to cook broccoli. I don't like the smell in the house.

I've been juicing, not all the time now, but I was doing it every other day there for a long while. Doing that made me feel invincible. I know, the woman is bonkers.

I've decided to buy a vita-mix for xmas. My Jack LaLanne leaves too much pulp left over, and it feels wasteful to just throw it out, and not eat it. Then I have to put a gazillion veggies in to get 12 ozs of juice, so I was thinking the vita-mix might solve that problem. It would be something I could do every day because it's so much easier then juicing. I did a good job of convincing myself that I'll use it everyday.

Your on the right track. Have you seen the CAM heading on the index page? We put our food finds there. Any thing you find is welcome.
GingerSnap
Forum Moderator
Diagnosed With: IDC
Cancer Stage: I
Node Status: 0/2
Tumor Size: 1.7
Tumor Grade: 2-3
Receptor Status: er/pr/her2+++

Postby GingerSnap » 08am30America/New_York()

Uh-oh, talking about Vita-Mix again! I will interject here to say I LOVE MY VITA-MIX!!!!

I use it for everything, even to make my pancake batter. We make smoothies all the time -- get the whole fruit. Makes the best soups!!!
PRASS MEDUSA PRASS MEDUSA

Return to “HER2/Neu”