~* Lymph Node Disection and Lymphadema *~

Lumpectomy, Mastectomy, Lymph Node Dissections
lexislove
Diagnosed With: IDC
Mets: None
Tumor Grade: 3
Receptor Status: ER+, Her2+

~* Lymph Node Disection and Lymphadema *~

Postby lexislove » 15am31America/New_York()

Mimi2
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: Unknown
Node Status: Unknown
Tumor Size: Unknown
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: Unknown

Re: ~* Lymph Node Disection and Lymphadema *~

Postby Mimi2 » 15pm31America/New_York()

I'm one of the lucky ones who had only nine nodes removed with five positive and had radiation to armpit. I feared lymphedema, but I fear cancer more. I do have LE. It's more in my uppper arm and feels like my armpit too. I think I have a little truncal LE as well. Of course the doggy ears is a bit full...LOL
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
VoiceOfReason
Diagnosed With: DCIS
Cancer Stage: 1
Node Status: 0/3
Receptor Status: ER-, PR-. HER +++

Postby VoiceOfReason » 06pm30America/New_York()

http://lymphedematreatmentact.org/

Ladies please check out this website. The LE treatment act has just been introduced for the 3rd time in Congress !

This is an extremely well organized group. The lady heading up the organization is awesome !

You can see if your member of Congress has signed on as a co-sponsor of the bill. Then "lobby" him/her to do so.

It doesn't matter if there are other ladies already in your district, you can still sign up. The website helps you connect with others in your State. and CD.

If the bill gets enough sponsors it moves on the Ways and Means committee. Paul Ryan is the chair of W & M. He has NOT a co-sponsor !! So, if the bill moves forward please contact his office as well. He definitely has plans to move on to a higher office.

I am lucky as my insurance does cover treatments and pays a very small portion of the compression garments.

I am deeply affected with LE. I am in compression 24 hours a day and on heavy duty pain meds. My ocon. told me it would not go away since I have had it so long.

I cannot drive on pain meds . In fact I could only do "The Jump" at UW football games for a minute

If your Congressman has townhall meetings that would be a good time to see him/her in person. Tell him your personal story and show the compression you need.

But now............ON WISCONSIN !!!!!!
Make America [color=#0040FF]GREAT AGAIN !!![/color]
VoiceOfReason
Diagnosed With: DCIS
Cancer Stage: 1
Node Status: 0/3
Receptor Status: ER-, PR-. HER +++

Postby VoiceOfReason » 02pm31America/New_York()

Update on Lymphadema Treatment Act. The well organized group has now moved on to the Senate, looking for co-sponsers !

My new Congressman (and friend) had not signed on. I called and asked if he would stop over one night. I wanted a one on one with him rather just through a Legislative aid.
He called his health care aid right from my house and "co-sponsored" the bill. He then did read through the material and asked me questions.

So http://lymphedematreatmentact.org/about-the-bill

we are now looking for sponsors in the Senate. So far, there are only 6 !!
Make America [color=#0040FF]GREAT AGAIN !!![/color]
Dana-Right
Diagnosed on: 01/2009
Diagnosed With: IDC
Mets: Nodes
Cancer Stage: Stage III a
Node Status: 2/18
Tumor Size: 5.2
Receptor Status: ER/PR +

Postby Dana-Right » 04pm31America/New_York()

Hey Voicester!, Thanks so much for this information. I haven't had any real experience with Lymphedema execpt once some mild swelling in my arm and hand that lasted for 2 days. It happened right after I had been doing some lifting some heavy packages, but I never had it again after that. I do have a very close friend who has dealt with it following her surgery and chemo. I broused through the website and I know she would be very interested in this info. :posm:
"I will be America's Greatest Defender and Most Loyal Champion" Donald J. Trump ==!

Return to “Surgical Synopsis”