BreastcAnswers Home                   Please Donate Here

Post subject: Re: ACID REFLUX AND ARIMIDEX AND/OR RADIATION
PostPosted: 08pm31UTC() 
Forum Moderator

Joan,

I had it because of taking Actonel. What helped me the most was ginger. I didn't want to take another pill with those side effects attached. Some times it's not having too much acid, it could be you don't have enough acid. The effects are the same so you don't know if you have too much or too little. They give nexium to everyone without finding out what the underneath problem could be.

I use to eat crystallized ginger, which is delicious, and bingo, no more heartburn or reflux. They sell a really fresh ginger at nutsonline.com. I made my own ginger tea but I took it too far. I lost my voice from all the ginger, but that's delicious too.

Then there is Brenda Watson, with her H.O.P. E. natural formula. She explains that a lot of gerd comes from not having enough stomach acid. Look her up online. You should also know there is controversy over taking Nexium and getting bone loss. It's out there.

I hope this helps you.

PostPosted: 09pm31UTC() 
Forum Moderator

June,

Ginger heals stomachs for a lot of problems. Supposedly, it keeps that stomach bug from getting a hold that a lot of people get... H pylori. Women who eat ginger have less ovarian cancer..go figure on that. Who would even think to research that connection? I don't know if it is used for more or less acid, it's just a natural healer for nausea, heartburn, and sea sickness.

Here's the place where I buy mine. I use to see it in my supermarket, but they stopped selling it.

http://www.nutsonline.com/search_result ... zed+ginger

Actually, I forgot I had it in the fridge for emergencies...it's been a long time since I had a bout with gerd since I fixed it.

If you get another headache, see if there is any sodium in the Nexium pill. Salt and headaches go hand and hand for some people.

PostPosted: 10am31UTC() 
Forum Moderator

That "candy" ginger is yummy!

As far as cider vinegar..if one has irritation in the esphogus I wonder if it would be more harmful than good to drink the vinegar.

I think the Nexium depletes the acid in the stomach, thus calcium doesn't absorb well.

Don't try Ginger Snaps... :blink: My friend has to take Methotrexate for RA. She sometimes feels nauseous and I told her about taking ginger. She couldn't find the crystalized ginger so I said try Ginger Snaps. She did and loves them. However, and I'm laughing, she read the ingredients to me and there was NO ginger in them. I used to love those when I was younger. So, I wonder why they call them GINGER snaps?

PostPosted: 10pm31UTC() 
Forum Moderator

You won't know which is working if you take them together. Just wait till your off the Nexium, and if it returns then buy some ginger and see if that helps before you go back on the Nexium. The idea of taking natural foods is to keep you from having to go on pills. If it will work.

PostPosted: 10pm31UTC() 
Forum Moderator

Joan,

This chart might help you decide what to eat. I believe the goal is to eat more alkaline foods over acidic. It's better for our bones also:

http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm

PostPosted: 12pm31UTC() 
Forum Moderator

The fish oil pills cause me to burb ........ and it tastes like bad fish when it comes up ... Little Red Riding Hood says it gives her the toots ... don't know if we should still take it. But I have noticed that my blood pressure is lots higher than it was 2 years ago .. I always had very good bp .. 110/70 and now its 130/80 ... have to work on this!!!!!

PostPosted: 17pm31UTC() 
Forum Moderator

No, it's soft and chewy. And has sugar on it. I love it. I don't eat it all the time. Perhaps you don't like the taste of ginger. Mine's in a jar like a spice. We bought it for that reason.