The Bitching Post

What else is on your mind?
Forum rules
Feel free to talk about anything here in this forum. Particularly anything EXCEPT cancer. You can sing, brag, meditate, complain, fuss, gripe, whine, or whatever you want to do, here. However, any posts that refer to, imply, insinuate, name, or in any way, shape, or form, any other breast cancer survivor, or that survivor's situation in a NEGATIVE, hurtful, or antagonistic way, will not be tolerated.

If there is such a post, the poster will be notified and given 24 hours to edit. Failure to do so will result in administration or moderator editing or deleting.

If there is a problem with a member on this board that you feel needs to be addressed, notify the moderators. Otherwise, keep it to yourself.

Thanks!

BreastcAnswers
cheri
Diagnosed on: Nov. '05
Diagnosed With: IDC
Mets: None
Cancer Stage: Stage 11B
Node Status: 3/11
Tumor Size: 1 cm
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: ER/PR+ HER-
My Bio: Lumpectomy, Breast Reduction, TAC Chemo, 35 Rads, Arimidex

Re: The Bitching Post

Postby cheri » 23pm31America/New_York()

Well the 'dead smell' out back didn't last very long...and the dogs went off their feed for a day or two...I don't even want to go there! ewww. Anyway, my husband came home and went out and looked around and didn't see anything so that's taken care of.
Cheri
GingerSnap
Forum Moderator
Cancer Stage: I
Node Status: 0/2
Tumor Size: 1.7
Tumor Grade: 2-3
Receptor Status: er/pr/her2+++

I dont' get people sometimes

Postby GingerSnap » 24pm31America/New_York()

This is too much:

WAVERLY, Ohio – Three people have been accused of letting rats bite a 6-week-old girl and chew off her toes at their cluttered Ohio mobile home.

Pike County prosecutor Rob Junk says the baby's toes on one foot were gone when sheriff's deputies went to the home Sunday after receiving an anonymous tip.

The baby is in fair condition at a Columbus hospital.

A married couple and the 18-year-old boyfriend of the baby's mother are charged with felony child endangering. They were in court for an initial hearing Tuesday. They're jailed pending a plea hearing in two weeks.

The prosecutor says they all lived in the mobile home west of Piketon, a village noted for its old uranium enrichment plant.

He says the baby's mother is a juvenile. He won't identify her or say if she'll be charged
-----------------------

Number one: how do you NOT notice this is going on?? My baby was only alone when she was alseep and alone meant in her basinette right next to my bed!!

Number two: Rats? In the house? Yes, people get rats outside and roof rats and you call an exterminator.

Nuber three: How did they not hear the baby cry, screaming when rats were eating her toes?
PRASS MEDUSA PRASS MEDUSA
Pat
Cancer Stage: IIA
Node Status: 0/?
Tumor Size: 4cm
Tumor Grade: 3
Receptor Status: ER+/PR+/HER2+

Postby Pat » 04pm30America/New_York()

Kids are heading back to school, and in that theme, a NJ radio station this morning played a recording that is used by a school in Australia.

Dial 1 For An Education

An interesting approach that might be very effective.
This is the message that the Maroochydore High School, Queensland, Australia, staff voted unanimously to record on their school telephone answering machine. This is the actual answering machine message for the school. Click here to listen.

http://www.nj1015.com/audio/School.mp3
Mimi2
Forum Moderator
Mets: None
Cancer Stage: Unknown
Node Status: Unknown
Tumor Size: Unknown
Tumor Grade: Unknown
Receptor Status: Unknown

Postby Mimi2 » 04pm30America/New_York()

That was good! Loved it. It should be on all school's volice mail.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left".
Dana-Right
Diagnosed on: 01/2009
Mets: Nodes
Cancer Stage: Stage III a
Node Status: 2/18
Tumor Size: 5.2
Receptor Status: ER/PR +

Postby Dana-Right » 26am29America/New_York()

Hi there Alonz,

You said;

I got an email just today. I dont think it was sent by a Catholic. It was saying that because Jesus is our Savior, it doesnt give us the right to sin. I wholeheartedly agree with that.

my concern is that there are those out there who think that because we have confession that it gives us the right to keep going out and sinning again, and of course not, that misses the whole point of the Sacrament of Reconciliation

I guess this is basically how I feel about it. I was raised as a strict Catholic and in Catholic schools, and I've also read and studied the Bible for my whole adult life. At the age of 66 I now believe pretty much it's a spiritual thing from within the heart. Christ came down to us with the light of his word. He taught us to love one another and to forgive one another and to love his Father in Heaven. If we have contrition in our heart and live by the principals of Christ as best we can than, we have grace, and the blessings our God, though we may stumble many times. I love being in a Church and experiencing the Mass, though I don't go as often as I would like, but I find it very comforting and familiar and am happy when I am there. :|| :blink:
"I will be America's Greatest Defender and Most Loyal Champion" Donald J. Trump ==!
Peanuts

Postby Peanuts » 08pm31America/New_York()

I agree Dana. God knows what is in everyone's conscience/heart. I'm Catholic too, and at a recent Mass, the priest brought up repeat-offender sins at confession. He said it is part of being human and he (the priest) was also "guilty" of it. God knows the frailty of humans. I believe that is the reason for the sacrament.

I honestly never even noticed this topic on BCA and I love it.
Adopt from shelters, adopt strays!

Return to “Spilling The Beans”